Senior Engineer/Project Manager
Ruben Chapa has been with Melden and Hunt, Inc. since 1987. He has over thirty years of experience in all aspects of Civil Engineering.
His experience includes consulting for municipalities, land developers, private clients, engineering planning and design, site and construction surveying, and construction project administration and inspection. He has worked with federal, state, and local agencies in the acquisition of funding for infrastructure projects of local municipal clients. Under his direction, multiple land developments both residential and commercial; have been constructed throughout the Rio Grande Valley – from the planning and development stage process through their final construction.
Currently, Ruben Chapa manages and oversees the Melden and Hunt, Inc. office in Rio Grande City, Texas. Having an office on the west side of the Rio Grande Valley has allowed Melden and Hunt, Inc. to extend and expand their services from the main office in Edinburg, Texas up to and past Laredo, Texas.
More important, Ruben Chapa brings his clients extensive experience as a City Engineering Consultant. His engineering consultant assignments have included: Rio Grande City, Roma, La Grulla, Escobares, Starr County, Mission, Pharr, Raymondville, Donna, Hidalgo County Drainage District No. 1, Hidalgo County Irrigation District No. 1, United Irrigation District, Willacy County, Diocese of Brownsville, Texas Department of Transportation, the University of Texas Pan American and various school districts throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Ruben Chapa is very familiar with the surveying, planning, design, construction techniques, and rules and regulations of the Starr County municipalities. He has closely consulted with local City and County Staff planning department members on their respective projects.
Summary of Recent Related Project Experience:
City of Rio Grande City
- Main Sewer Plant Rehabilitation Project
- Water Street Sewer First Time Sewer Improvements
- Kramer Lift Station Rehabilitation Project
- Fort Ringgold County Park Rehabilitation Project
- FM 755 – 8 Inch Water Line Extension Project
- Avasolo and Valle Rico Street Improvements
- Garza-Gutierrez Alley Drainage Improvements
- Old El Sauz Road Drainage Improvements
- Las Lomas Drainage Improvements
- El Arroyo Area Street and Drainage Improvements
City of Roma
- ORCA Street Improvements
- ORCA Waterline Improvements
- ORCA Sanitary Sewer Improvements
- TDA/CDBG Street Improvements
- Estrella Street Improvements
- City Annexation and Zoning Master Plan Mapping
- Los Olmos Creek Flood Study
- TxDOT BCAP Colonia Paving and Drainage Projects